Friday, August 29, 2014

Advices with John. By: Luísa Freitas, Mariana Campos, Marina Rachid and Maysa Alves

Practice A

1. Dear John, I study at university. We have our final exams in two weeks. I'm very worried  about my best friend. He is planning to cheat on the coming examinations. What should I do?

Your Advice:
I think you should be worried about your exams first, but maybe he is insecure and may have some personal issues. Or you could talk to him about the consequences of his choice, he should be responsible because he’s about to graduate and that isn’t a mature attitude. You could help him to study to the final exams.

2. Dear John, My friends keep complaining that I spend too much time with my boyfriend. They say I never hang out with them anymore. I don’t want to lose my friends, but at the same time, I want to see my boyfriend as much as possible. What would you suggest I do?

Your Advice:
My advice is to you manage your time better, so you can hang out with your boyfriend and your friends too. Sometimes you can ask your boyfriend to go out with your friends. Maybe they know each other and also be friends.

3. Dear John, I'm having a real problem with my roommate. I like to keep our apartment clean, but my roommate is a very messy person. She likes throwing her clothes and stuff all over the place, while I’m trying hard to keep the apartment neat and tidy. What do you think I should do?

Your Advice:
I suggest you to be more patience with your roommate. Maybe his family raised him in a different way than yours. You should try talk to him about the situation explaining that you feel uncomfortable about it, he might understand.


Practice B

“Your bedroom is always messy”
1.    Dear John, my bedroom is always messy. I can never keep my bedroom organized. My desk is full of papers and when I need  find one specific always have difficulty, also always waste time looking for the clothes that I want to use in my wardrobe. I never can`t keep my bedroom organized for more than three days. What should I do?

I think you should pick a day to tidy your bedroom and after this day everything you take the place save soon after use, for not to accumulate lots of messy thing, so you can keep your bedroom organized for more time.


“You hate your job”
2. Dear John, when I get this job, was to be temporally, but I may have been acommodated, now I want to get out of there! My boss hate me, because I don’t take the tasks that he send me serious. I do that because I hate my job, what can I do?

I suggest you to be more patience with your tasks, because even if you hate it, you can’t do you job disinterested, because that maybe will affect other persons. So, if you can’t leave it, be more interested and patience with it, but if you want to leave it so badly do it. Just do it, and search for the job that will make you happy.


“You didn’t get a promotion”
3.Dear John this month I worked hard in a project to try get a promotion, but I didn't get. I feel very disappointed. What would you suggest I do?

I would advise you to be calm . Sometimes we don't get what we want. Think, maybe you're not ready to the new post. Stay working hard and wait for the next opportunity, try enjoy this time to grow up professionally and get new skills.


“You’re addicted to cigarettes”
4.  Dear John, I am addicted to cigarettes, but  I really want to get rid of this bad habit. Unfortunately, everytime I try to stop, I feel very uncomfortable and desperate to smoke again. What should I do to quit smoking?

First of all, you should have willpower. Quit smoking is difficult, but you should be determined to stop it. When you finally decided that you are ready to quit, you should set a date and tell the people close to you, they may help you with support. The key to achieve your goal is to whittle down your habit. You also could do things that will distract you and make you forget about the cigarettes.

“ You have no internet service”
5.Dear John,
Today I got home from school and when I turned on my computer to play games and talk to my friends, I had a surprise, the internet service wasn't working. What can I do on day now?

I think you can enjoy this day without internet to interact more with your family, studying any subject that is with difficulty in school, listen to music, watch a movie, or call your friends and invite them to go out.

“You can’t wake up in the morning.”
6. Dear John, everyday I have to go to school at 7 am, but I have serious problem to waking up early. Everyday I put my alarm on snooze and I’m always late to class because of it. What can I do to wake up early and feel ok with it?


It might be a good idea you manage your time better to sleep more, you probably is a teenager, so you have to sleep for at least eight hour per day, then you should try to do that. But not just to sleep more can give you a good sleeping, a heathy life is a good way to sleep better, like eating vegetables and doing physical exercises.

Advices by: Luísa Freitas, Mariana Campos, Marina Rachid and Maysa Alves.

No comments:

Post a Comment