Friday, August 29, 2014

Advices by: Lucas Viana, Vinicius Dias e Yuri Henrique

Practice 1
1. Dear John,
I study at university. We have our final exams in two weeks. I'm very worried about my best friend. He is planning to cheat on the coming examinations. What should I do?
We think that every students  have to study pretty well by your own to get a good test. So, we suggest you talk to him to try studying, for he doesn’t depend on other people, and at least have a reasonable performance on the exam, honestly, that is the most important.
2. Dear John,
My friends keep complaining that I spend too much time with my boyfriend. They say I never hang out with them anymore. I don’t want to lose my friends, but at the same time, I want to see my boyfriend as much as possible. What would you suggest I do?
We think the best thing to do is keep dating with your boyfriend, but you should cherish the friends that are consolidated relationships, because a dating can end soon in an unexpected way, and a friendship can last throughout your life.
3. Dear John,
I'm having a real problem with my roommate. I like to keep our apartment clean, but my roommate is a very messy person. She likes throwing her clothes and stuff all over the place, while I’m trying hard to keep the apartment neat and tidy. What do you think I should do?

We suggest you should talk about your problem with your roommate. Maybe that is the best way to solve this problem. The conversation with your partner always be the best solution, because you live in the same place and the both need to live with each other. You can calmly say that the room needs to be organized and the clothes and stuffs needs to be in the right place.

Practice B
Problem 1: You’re Overweight
Obeso.jpg (400×500)
Detail of the problem: Being overweight may be related to several factors such as health problems, overeating and absence of physical exercises and sports. Overweight can cause diseases like high blood pressure and diabetes. Obesity is the most serious problem, causing not only physical harm but also social damages to the individual. Carlos is overweight, what should he do?
Advice: If you find yourself a little overweight, practice exercise and abandon your sedentary lifestyle. Do your best to eat well and have a varied diet with lots of fruits and vegetables, reducing carbohydrates. However, if you are very overweight, consult a physician before doing anything.

Problem 2: Your computer has a virus
Detail of the problem: A computer are infected by a virus when you download software and files over the Internet, plugs an infected flash drive, your network is hacked and emails and websites with spam. It can steal your data for illegal use such as theft in bank accounts. Can also delete your files and stop running basic functions on your PC. Marisa has a virus on her PC and want to know what she can do to solve this problem.
Advice: The ideal is having a good software against viruses and spyware in your computer for prevention. You should only download files from trusted sites and check them before playing. When you think you have a virus on your computer, run a software against viruses and spyware, it can remove your virus. If does not solve the problem, you have to format your computer: send it to a technical assistance or search how to install a new OS by your own.

Problem 3:You have nothing to eat in your house.
Detail of the problem: “Tom, tonight, when I get home after a long day at work,  I came straight to the kitchen searching a special and appetizing food. However, I forgot to buy the food in the supermarket and I am so tired. I searched among the cabinets some candy, but it had nothing inside them. What Do I do now? Kisses, Maria.”
hungry-3863208.jpg (364×380)Advice: To solve this, I suggest you an app for your smartphone. The market of apps for smartphones has created applications in which you ask the food and get ready for consumption without leaving your home. Currently, there are many applications such as, for example, Ifoods. With this technological tool, you can order the food that you want. Moreover, you can evaluate prices, quality of food and even the time of the request, enabling an effective tool in the hours that you have nothing to eat at home.

Problem 4:You hate your job.
Detail of the problem: Currently, it is common to hear: "I hate my job". There are many reasons of this problem, like the run during the day, the conditions in the workplace, the demanding boss, etc. This has become a big part of the problems in the jobs.
Advice: If you hate what you do, I suggest you to talk about your problems with your bosses and superiors to find a solution. Another output is practice activities that leave you more relax. If that does not work, maybe it's time to find another job that leave you happier.

Problem 5: You want to send a text message, but you’re driving.
Detail of the problem: Nowadays, the smartphones is like a piece of human body, but the excessive use to check e-mail, social network and messages. Vanessa always want  to send a text message when she driving.
0511-1006-1813-3644_Unsafe_Driving_Talking_on_a_Cell_Phone_clipart_image.jpg (350×241)Advice: First, I think when somebody are driving is necessary to have attention, because any distraction can cause an accident. If is important to send a text message, you should to stop the car in some place and do it. I suggest you always to be focused to drive and forget the smartphones, tablets and other gadgets when you do that.

Problem 6: You haven’t studied for today’s exam.
Detail of the problem: In this week, my father and my sister have made birthday and was involved in the celebrations. So, I haven't studied for today’s exam.
Advice: I suggest to you that next time you have appointments, organize your time so you can do all your obligations, in addition to studying for an exam, for example. You can ask for help to a friend who has studied to teach you something at the last minute. Never cheat on a test!

No comments:

Post a Comment